Tuesday, December 14, 2004

AND SHE KEEP ASKING, "HOW IT SHOOT IF IT'S PLASTIC?"



Word to Cedric Ceballos, the Phoenix Suns are really bringing back the old-school (to me, because I'm Kicking and Screaming like that) style of play that made me love basketball in the first place. I'm talking about the Running Rebel Anderson Hunt! The fuck you know about Mookie Blaylock and the Sooners, dude?! Fuck a NCAA violation!

The Suns are 18-3, first place in the whole damn world. Even Kobe "Keep Your Hands Off My Mexican" Bryant is looking up to these multi-culti young gunners, as they sit comfortably at the top of the Pacific.

With free-agent signee Steve Nash, and his international house of point guards back-ups, Leandro Barbosa and Yuta Tabuse, the Suns are basically pushing the ball down opposing teams throats and out their asses. And then that's where the most popular four men in McCain Town come in. When either Amare Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson, or Shaw Marion are coming through the lane you better move! You (and when I say you, I mean Chris Mihm) will get ironed, steamed and cleaned the fuck up!

Young Q. Richardosn, aka Mr. Brandy, is not getting carried away with all the success: "It's definitely a nice thing, but all this means nothing if we start going downhill."

Okay there, Sylvia Plath. You were on the Clippers last year. How about a little carpe diem?!

I mean think about it: we could be unshackled from the cornea mauling half-court clusterfucking that the likes of Jeff Van Gundy and Rick Carlisle hath wrought! Is there a new era of freedom that will come rising like, well, not a Phoenix, because that ruins this riff...but you see what I'm getting at.

After feeling the burn last night, losing to the Suns 121-100, Orlando Magic PG Steve Francis pondered this very question. Could the run and gun stylee bring a trophy to the desert?

"I don't want to say it won't work. But it would be so hard for them to do that throughout the playoffs. I don't think in history there's been a team to run to the championship. But you never know. They might be the first."

Ah, but point of order, Franchise: We all know what happens to those who try to change the game...



What did I tell you about playing those away games, Stringer!

5 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Billups said...

A dude can dream

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP STRING

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Dr. Lawyer IndianChief said...

True...this Suns team is one the likes of which we haven't seen since Oliver Miller was a cool 270 lbs, but can we get a real center?...Can we see Steven Hunter in the starting lineup please? A Q-Rich for Samuel Dalembizness trade? I can't wait until Yao takes out his post-rookie-of-the-year-scandal aggression on Amare when the Rockets meet up with em. I know Yao's got that aggression bottled up somewhere? Right?

Which brings me to my next point, with the Rockets clearly unable to rely on Bobby "bad back" Sura, Charlie "50-year-old back" Ward, Tyronn Lue and Andre Barrett (who are both 5foot2 despite their listed heights), shouldnt Yuta Tabuse be starting PG for the Rockets? Yuta & Yao? Like Nas and Brandy said..."Uh, this the real best of both worlds we stylin"

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, nobody's ever RUN to the playoffs.

Oh, wait there was Magic's SHOWTIME LAKERS.
Magic.
Byron.
"Two Dames James" Worthy.

Kids like Francis need to check some recent history before they open their mouths. With that hydrocephalic head. It's wrong son!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, I don't know how old this string is or how I even found it, but anybody asking for more Steven Hunter is like shouting for more COWBELL. Steven Hunter looks good, I would look good if I was pushing 7'2" too. I went to DePaul with this kid. There are exactly too things that Steven Hunter does: bogart the joint and screw groupies. Notice that neither of those have anything to do with basketball. He is soft like a feather pillow. He averaged less than 5 rebounds per in college. You don't want that on the court.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Links